Where and When
- St. Brendans’ School, 56 Palmer Crescent, Silverstream (the usual club venue)
- Saturday May 9 and May 23 (normal club days)
- Arrival time 8.45 am
- Finish time approx. 5.00pm
- Cost $10
240AP armies – One army list for all the games. You will be required to notify me of the army, date and region/tribe/nation.
Army lists will be self-checked. Any mistakes in the list discovered during the tournament will result in a severe loss of street cred and a public naming and shaming. You are welcome to send them to me for checking if you wish.
6 games in the tournament, 3 each Saturday. Players only available to play on one Saturday are still welcome to enter (full cost).
Team entries (one player one Saturday and another the other Saturday) are also welcome to enter and can use different armies on each day. I will play if there are odd numbers so there will be no byes.
Time limit – 2.5 hours.
The schedule is:
- Game 1 Start 9.00am
- Game 2 Start 11.30am
- Game 3 Start 2.30pm (allowing 30 mins extra for lunch)
DBMM 200 rules on page 44 will be used. In summary:
- Max and Min numbers of elements is halved (rounded up), pikes to the next nearest 4
- Baggage 0-1 per general and only 2 baggage minimum required in army baggage
- 3 generals maximum
- Extra cost or reduced cost of generals is halved
- Maximum size for an ambush is 4 elements
- Minimum deployment distances are halved both from the centre and the flanks
- Flank attacks can (on a die roll of 6) arrive within 200 paces of the flank on the rear edge, troops still flee if within 400 paces of the place of arrival
- The temporary penalty for a broken command is reduced to 1ME
- Terrain – see below
- Table sizes – 4 feet by 6 feet
The terrain will be pre-set on each table. Players will be allocated a table number to play on for each game.
Players roll for aggression and the highest modified roll is the invader.
The defender can choose the table side they wish to play on. In addition, if the difference between the two modified aggression die rolls is 3 or more, the defender can move one piece of area terrain to no closer than 80 paces of other area terrain. If the difference between the modified die rolls is 5 or more, the defender can move two pieces of area terrain. Replace the terrain back to its original position at the end of the battle.
The table maps are here: Recoil2020 Maps
All battles will commence with a game time of 9.00am with a slightly overcast day, ie no weather and time of day rules
All draws and draw system will be decided by myself once I know the number of registrations.
Terrain and battle mats
I will attempt to provide all terrain and battle mats. Any shortages I will specifically ask for. This means you can all travel light! When I’ve learnt how to prepare the maps, I will send out the battle maps before the tournament
I will email back with payment instructions.
Closing date is April 13th but earlier would be appreciated
Progress reports on registrations etc. will be posted on Facebook and emailed.
This will depend on numbers but are hoped to be 1st , 2nd , and 3rd . General Killer, Baggage Looter and Wooden Spoon
Play will be interrupted at the meeting on the 23rd for the club AGM.